Join hundreds for a special day of competition, networking and family fun with proceeds supporting the DeKalb Community Service Board, enhancing the lives of the real life superheroes battling with developmental disabilities and behavioral health illnesses.
September 19, 2015
Downtown Decatur Square – Decatur, GA
Food, Music, Vendors, Tot Trot, Face Painting and More!
Peachtree Qualification Pending
Early-Bird Pricing Until September 1, 2015
Run For It Productions
Special Thanks to our Early Sponsors and In-Kind Supporters!
Don’t miss this opportunity to grow and promote your business while supporting a worthy cause. Click here to learn how you can become a sponsor or vendor at this year’s Walk of HEROes.
- Do you have a passion for supporting persons with developmental disabilities?
- Are you concerned with mental well-being?
- Are you committed to serving DeKalb County?
- Would you like to use your passion and special skills to help those in crisis?
Consider joining the DeKalb CSB Board of Directors!
DeKalb Community Service Board (CSB) is an innovative, community-based behavioral health and developmental disabilities services organization located in metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia, offering a full range of mental health services, developmental disabilities programs and substance abuse treatment to more than 10,000 citizens annually who are uninsured and underinsured. As a public, not-for-profit organization, the DeKalb CSB operates more than 20 locations in DeKalb County with a diverse workforce of more than 500 direct-care and support staff.
Board members of the DeKalb Community Service Board are trustees and stewards of the agency’s stakeholders (i.e., consumers, family members and citizens of DeKalb County).
The role and responsibilities of a Board member are to:
- Support the organization’s mission and vision.
- Ensure that the agency is operated in accordance with applicable laws and within the framework of its mission.
- Provide management and fiduciary oversight to ensure accountability.
- Ensure that there is appropriate funding to carry out the agency’s activities.
- Represent the viewpoints of the agency’s constituents and serves as a liaison to the community.
To effectively meet these responsibilities, a Board member must:
- Attend and actively participate in Board meetings and committee work.
- Volunteer for and accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
- Stay informed about Board and committee matters and prepare for all meetings.
- Establish collegial working relationships that encourage discussion of diverse viewpoints that leads to consensus.
- Participate in the Board’s self-evaluation and planning processes.
- Support Board-sanctioned development activities for the agency.
- Attend continuing education or training events related to board operations, behavioral health and developmental disability services.
Sound interesting? Return your resume along with the Board member application for consideration today! For more information, please contact Jennifer Highsmith, Community Relations Director at 404.508.7706 or at email@example.com.
Board Member Application
Board Member Job Description
Decatur, Georgia – June 4, 2015 – DeKalb Community Service Board (CSB) announces the release of the agency’s 2014 Annual Impact Report. The report highlights the success and impact of DeKalb CSB programs and services that occurred during 2014.
DeKalb CSB’s Annual Impact report provides an overview of the evidence-based programs and services used to help treat upwards of 10,000 individuals. The information found in the report helps to demonstrate DeKalb CSB’s commitment to creating a community in which disabilities no longer limit potential.
One common trend you will see throughout the report is the expansion of many of the treatment services and programs the DeKalb CSB currently provides. Programs such as Telehealth, a program that utilizes technology to deliver virtual medical health and education services to those without access to psychiatric services, have been expanded to help continue our mission to provide the right service, for the right person, at the right time.
The past year was an exciting time that showed a lot of growth that helped to push the agency toward our goals.
To read more about our impact on the community over the past year, download the report here.