Is My Husband Gay ?Mon, Jan 14th 2008
I've recently been talking with my best girl-friend about my husband & his best friend. Since she dated my husband's best friend on several different occasions & she knows him pretty well, we've started to think they might both be gay. My husband & I have been married almost 7 months, and because of his job, we had to move away from friends & family. So, he doesn't get to see his best friend but a few times a year. However, while we are visiting, it seems like they cannot get enough of each other - they're constantly calling each other & spending lots of time together, all hours of the day & night. Since we've gotten married, our sex life has went downhill. He claims I'm "addicted" to sex & want it too much. I can't remember the last time he performed oral sex for me. My husband also makes gay jokes often, & seems "afraid" of gay men. He is also very protective of his butt & doesn't want me touching it, unless I massage it, which he says turns him on. His best friend also complains that his "girlfriend wants too much sex". My best friends says that while they were dating, he kept begging her to let him perform anal sex and often had difficulty keeping an erection. What is going on here??? Am I just paranoid?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.