TeleMental Health Supervision Training: Competent and Ethical Practice
TeleMental Health Supervision Training:
Competent and Ethical Practice
Saturday, March 25, 2017
9:00 am – 12:15 pm
Jeff Ashby, Ph. D., ABPP
Bohan Auditorium, 445 Winn Way Decatur, GA 30030
Approved for three (3) CEU ‘s through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work.
This course is designed to meet the needs of mental health practitioners who are, or plan to, deliver TeleMental health supervision.
The practice of TeleMental health supervision includes the delivery of supervision for the provision of TeleMental health practice and/or contact between supervisors and supervisees using any form of technology (including telephone, video, internet, smartphone, tablet, desktop computer.
This workshop is organized to help develop an understanding of the key components necessary to supervise effective and efficient delivery of TeleMental health therapy and help participants come into compliance with the State of Georgia’s TeleMental health continuing education requirements (TeleMental Health rule 153-11-01, October, 2015).
As a result of this workshop, participants will:
- Know the protocol for appropriate intake and informed consent in TeleMental health therapy and supervision.
- Understand the various delivery methods of TeleMental health and how to ensure competence of supervisees in these methods.
- Apply the ethical guidelines for supervision to TeleMental health supervision.
- Understand the appropriate risk management strategies in TeleMental health and how to document for both therapy and supervision
Schedule at a Glance
- 8:30 am – Sign-In/Register
- 9:00 am – Intro Speaker & Begin
- 10:30 am – Morning Break
- 10:45 am – Resume Seminar
- 12:15 pm – Evaluations & Certificates
- Registration Fee – $45
- $20 late fee after March 15, 2017
- No cost for DeKalb CSB employees. Click here for staff registration.
For additional information contact: