TeleMental Health Training
TeleMental Health Treatment and Ethics:
What Clinicians Need to Know
Saturday, March 4, 2017
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Jeff Ashby, Ph. D., ABPP
Bohan Auditorium, 445 Winn Way Decatur, GA 30030
Approved for Six (6) CEU ‘s through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work.
The TeleMental Health Treatment and Ethics Training, sponsored by DeKalb Community Service Board, is designed to meet the needs of mental health practitioners who are, or plan to deliver telemental health services.
In the state of Georgia, telemental health practices includes any form of contact with clients using any form of technology such as a telephone, video, internet, smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer.
This workshop will provide an understanding of the appropriate treatment and ethics associated with telemental health services and help participants remain in compliance with the State of Georgia’s telemental health continuing education requirements (Telemental Health rule 153-11-01, October, 2015).
Applied for Six (6) CEU ‘s through the Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work.
As a result of this workshop, participants will:
- Understand the treatment of internet dependency and related psychological problems.
- Become familiar with the research related to telemental health services.
- Learn the protocol for appropriate intake and informed consent.
- Understand the various delivery methods of telemental health.
- Become familiar with the theory integration needed to provide telemental health services.
- Learn the protocol for appropriate treatment and termination using these services.
- Understand the ethics and risk management strategies in telemental health.
- Become familiar with the best practices in the business of telemental health.
Schedule at a Glance
- 8:30 am – Sign-In/Register
- 9:00 am – Intro Speaker & Begin 10:30 am – Morning Break
- 12:15 pm – Lunch break
- 1:15 pm – Resume Seminar 2:45 pm – Afternoon Break
- 4:30 pm – Evaluations & Certificates
- Registration Fee – $65
- $20 late fee after February 20th.
- No cost for DeKalb CSB employees. Click here for staff registration.
For additional information contact: