Since 1978, the DeKalb Services Center has served local citizens with disabilities. The center supports adults with severe and profound developmental disabilities in a day program setting that empowers individuals to function more independently in their home and community. Approximately 34% of the individuals served require a wheel chair for mobility. Admission to the center is voluntary.
- Community Access services for community participation and activities
- Work Activity
- Physical Therapy with onsite physical therapy staff
- Individualized Instruction in groups divided by individual goals and needs
- Hot Lunch with modified meals available
- Clinic with nursing staff (RN and LPN)
Admission Criteria includes:
- Individual must be 21 years of age or older
- Need services due to pervasive mental retardation or related developmental disability
- Reside in Region 3 for the Georgia Dept. of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities
How to Access Our Services
To determine eligibility for DeKalb CSB’s developmental disability services, contact the Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities Region 3 Office for intake and evaluation at 770.414.3052 and online at www.dbhdd.georgia.gov. For those in Region 3 who currently have a Medicaid Waiver for NOW or COMP services and would like the DeKalb CSB to be your provider, contact DeKalb Services Center at 404.231.9363 to set up a tour.