Mind Your Health—this year’s theme for Mental Health Month—calls attention to the importance of mental health for overall health and well-being. Just as Americans have learned there are things they can do to reduce their risk of heart disease and chronic illnesses, there are ways to protect mental health in tough times and throughout life. Building social support, eating healthy, and managing stress are some of the resources listed below that promote balance for both mind and body.
Additionally, to celebrate, DeKalb CSB will host a Creative Expressions Showcase event on May 15 that is open to the public. See event details.
Fact Sheets for Healthy Living from Mental Health America
- MHM 2014 Fact Sheet- Alcohol Use and Abuse What You Should Know
- MHM 2014 Fact Sheet- Healthy Diet Eating with Mental Health in Mind
- MHM 2014 Fact Sheet- Rest Relaxation and Exercise
- MHM 2014 Fact Sheet- Social Support Getting Connected Staying Connected
- MHM 2014 Fact Sheet- Stress Coping with Everyday Problems
Mental Illness Fact Sheets from NIMH and SAMHSA
About DeKalb CSB
DeKalb CSB is a public, nonprofit organization that provides community-based mental health, addiction and developmental disability services in more than 20 locations across DeKalb County, Georgia. DeKalb CSB serves over 10,000 children, adolescents and adults annually to help them recover and resume productive lives. The agency is accredited by CARF International. For more information, visit www.dekcsb.org or call 404.892.4646.
Leave a Reply