- Do you have a passion for supporting persons with developmental disabilities?
- Are you concerned with mental well-being?
- Are you committed to serving DeKalb County?
- Would you like to use your passion and special skills to help those in crisis?
Consider joining the DeKalb CSB Board of Directors!
DeKalb Community Service Board (CSB) is an innovative, community-based behavioral health and developmental disabilities services organization located in metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia, offering a full range of mental health services, developmental disabilities programs and substance abuse treatment to more than 10,000 citizens annually who are uninsured and underinsured. As a public, not-for-profit organization, the DeKalb CSB operates more than 20 locations in DeKalb County with a diverse workforce of more than 500 direct-care and support staff.
Board members of the DeKalb Community Service Board are trustees and stewards of the agency’s stakeholders (i.e., consumers, family members and citizens of DeKalb County).
The role and responsibilities of a Board member are to:
- Support the organization’s mission and vision.
- Ensure that the agency is operated in accordance with applicable laws and within the framework of its mission.
- Provide management and fiduciary oversight to ensure accountability.
- Ensure that there is appropriate funding to carry out the agency’s activities.
- Represent the viewpoints of the agency’s constituents and serves as a liaison to the community.
To effectively meet these responsibilities, a Board member must:
- Attend and actively participate in Board meetings and committee work.
- Volunteer for and accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
- Stay informed about Board and committee matters and prepare for all meetings.
- Establish collegial working relationships that encourage discussion of diverse viewpoints that leads to consensus.
- Participate in the Board’s self-evaluation and planning processes.
- Support Board-sanctioned development activities for the agency.
- Attend continuing education or training events related to board operations, behavioral health and developmental disability services.
Sound interesting? Return your resume along with the Board member application for consideration today! For more information, please contact Jennifer Highsmith, Community Relations Director at 404.508.7706 or at email@example.com.